Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a BOILERMAKER to safely perform maintenance tasks to ensure long-term plant reliability, thereby contributing to the overall equipment effectiveness.
Closing Date: 29 July 2020
This role reports into the Foreman Fabrication
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Execute assigned scheduled and planned maintenance tasks
- Perform equipment isolations according to Sappi isolation policy and procedures
- Select the correct tools for each task
- Perform tasks according to the generally accepted engineering standards
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed checklist
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor
- Perform any other assigned tasks that falls within the scope of a Boilermaker
- Comply with all business processes and complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system
- Perform standby duties and overtime as required by company as required
- Understand and comply with the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section
- Participate in the investigation of SHEQ incidents on request and assist to identify root causes for non-conformance and take the necessary corrective actions
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in the workplace at all times
- Responsible for the workshop safety equipment as well as safe operation of all staff members
Sappi Boiler Maker – July 2020 Job Requirement
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 or N2 Engineering
- N3 Engineering would be preferred
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Boilermaker
- Valid driving license
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience in a heavy engineering environment will be advantageous
How to Apply for Sappi Boiler Maker – July 2020
Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.