The main responsibilities of a Fleet Controller is to do daily admin work, route planning with the scheduling of vehicle on the routes and to do truck inspections. Generate reports and give daily reporting to Fleet Coordinator wrt results as requested by Head Office.
Parmalat: Fleet Controller Duties & Responsibilities
• The Fleet Controller will be responsible for the day to day planning of the milk routes. • The controller will schedule drivers and trucks. • Will be responsible to sort the milk receipts and monitor the balancing of the daily milk intake. • Will be responsible to create transport orders on BPCS and receiving tickets. • Be responsible for the scheduling of vehicles for services. • Be responsible to solve problems with producers and drivers. • Will also be responsible for the time and attendance sheets on KRONOS. • Must manage the drivers if the Fleet Coordinator is not available. • Inspecting of vehicles if Fleet Coordinator is not available. • Must be available for standby duty during office- and after hours. • Will be responsible for all month end reports. • All insurance claims and the communication monitor. • Reports generated as requested by Head Office • Book of all the drivers Amin faults on the intranet. • Monitor of the Drive-cam faults and do the coaching • Handling of all traffic fines. • Manage drivers PRDP. • Driver’s subsistence allowance. • Continues improvement • Optimisation of milk collection routes. • Solve problems with producers and drivers. • Administration duties with regard to the Milk system, OPSI, BPCS, R2MS and Fleet Professional. • Ensure that daily admin tasks are done. • Control milk losses.
Parmalat: Fleet Controller Required Skills
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Valid PrDP and Code 14 Drivers license
• Computer literate
• Good communication and problem solving skills
• Good planning and organising skills
• Willing to work long hours, weekends and public holidays
• Must have two year’s experiences in the transport industry
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Good leadership skills
• Above average administration skills and the ability to work accurately and with urgency